2002 “Neeley’s Garage W/ Mobile Gas Sign”
Fallbrook Vintage Car Show 37th Anniversary
Commemorative Poster 2002
On October 2nd 1948, the New Mobil Station opened on the corner of what is now Fallbrook St. and Main. With two fuel pumps and a state of the art lubrication bay, this modern new service station was an important and welcome addition to a growing Fallbrook. Originally owned and built by Raymond Waymen the station was also a source of auto repairs and supplies. Owned and operated by Ron Neeley since April of 1986 and the location of Ron Neeley Automotive & Ron Neeley Towing, this building has served the automotive community for over 54 years. This year’s poster features a 1937 Ford Tudor Slant Back, 1957 Chevy 3200 Pick-up, a 1948 Willy’s Jeepster and their owners Don & Donna Kramer, Doug Nurse, Marv Van Voorst, and Dutch Parker all are members of the Fallbrook Vintage Car Club.
Poster Artwork by Jim Fahnestock…
This poster is the fifth by local artist Jim Fahnestock. In addition to owning Jim’s Sign Shop, Jim paints large format murals for communities and commercial enterprises. His work can be seen at Disneyworld in Orlando, Fla., Hollywood, Seattle, Indio and many other California communities. Jim’s love of classic cars and street rods, makes painting the Vintage Car Show Posters his favorite yearly project.
We want to thank the poster sponsors: Community National Bank, Ron Neely Automotive, Fallbrook Muffler, Village News, Quality Clutch, Village European Auto, Fallbrook Equipment Rentals, Bianchi International, Gregory Mountain Products and the local merchants who display the posters for this event. Their participation helps to advertise THE FALLBROOK VINTAGE CAR SHOW and provides proceeds to Fallbrook High School and to local charity organizations.