2008 The Valley Fort Steak House
Please note that posters do not ship you will pick them up at one of our events noted in the selection box.
The Valley Fort Steak House
The 43rd annual Fallbrook Vintage Car Show Poster features the former western steakhouse known as The Valley Fort Steak House, which opened in 1967. The original building was built in 1928 and has been everything from a western restaurant & saloon, a seafood restaurant, to the current Cask ‘n Cleaver Steakhouse.
During its golden years, the restaurant hosted country western & western music, and was known for its waitresses in western garb, including fake six-shooters. The surrounding complex resembled a small western town, complete with teepees, a campground, trout fishing pond, horse hitching post, a gift shop, ice cream parlor, an antique store, and a swimming pool. A destination spot visited and enjoyed by many.
The vintage automobiles featured on this years’ poster are from the 1930’s era, shown left to right:
• 1931 Graham 4-Door Sedan, owned by Michael & Annette McGuire
• 1938 Buick Convertible, owned by Wayne & Ann Yonce
• 1939 Buick Series 40 Special, owned by Dick & Marla Clemens
FVCC members on the poster are Kevin McGuire, son of Michael & Annette McGuire; Wayne & Ann Yonce on porch; and Dick & Marla Clemens in their 1939 Buick.
The Fallbrook Vintage Car Club is excited to have Jim Krogle capture this years’ poster theme. For more information on Jim and his work, please read his biography in the car show program, and visit his website @ jimkrogle.com.