2003 Fallbrook Schoolhouse
Please note that posters do not ship you will pick them up at one of our events noted in the selection box.
Fallbrook Vintage Car Show 38th Anniversary
The Fallbrook School has been selected as the background for our 2003 poster. Built on land donated by Vital Reche, the school was built in 1886. The original building was lost to a fire on March 4, 1896 and was rebuilt the same year with classes resuming on November 9, 1886. It stands today as an important part of Fallbrook’s history. It is owned and maintained by the Reche Community Club through fund-raisers and donations from the community.
A 1927 Model T Touring Car owned by Jane Wischstadt and a 1930 Model A Coupe owned by Lou and Tish Schweizer represent the early days of the school.
A 1939 Packard Six owned by Fred and Connie Ragland represents the closing of the school in 1939.
Margaret Ray is featured as a young girl sitting on the step of the Fallbrook School. Born ill Fallbrook in 1925, she attended this school through the eighth grade, graduating on May 23, 1939. She is also shown as she is today standing behind the Packard talking with a parent. Margaret is a member of the Reche Community Club and very involved with the Fallbrook Historical Society. We salute Margaret for her service to the Fallbrook community.
This is the first in a series created by local artist Jack Whitney Ragland. Jack is shown in the early stages of creating the artwork for our 2003 Vintage Car Show poster. A renowned artist, his works are exhibited in private, corporate and public collections in the United States and Europe, including museums in Los Angeles, Phoenix, Austria, Switzerland and France. We are indeed privileged to have Jack create our poster artwork for 2003.
A special THANK YOU to our poster sponsors for 2003
Fallbrook Muffler – Ford Quality Care
Hunt’s Auto Parts – Village European Auto
Miller Machine – Neiman’s Collision Center
Quality Clutch & Transmission –
Mission Motors – Ron Neeley Towing
Pro-Tire & Automotive Repair