2005 Jackson Square History
Please note that posters do not ship you will pick them up at one of our events noted in the selection box.
The Fallbrook Vintage Car Club proudly presents our 40th Annual Vintage Car Show and Limited Edition Poster for 2005, 21st in a series.
Jackson Square History
The building called Jackson Square started out as a store front on the other side of Main Street and was moved to the present location in the early 1890’s. It was used as a post office, dry cleaning shop, and later as a gift shop.
In 1960, Bob and Betty Jackson rented the property and operated a nursery until 1967 when they purchased the land and built a complex which they called Jackson Square. They started a gourmet restaurant in the second story building. They named the restaurant The Caldron, which became famous for its international cuisine specialties. This later was changed to Le Bistro when it was taken over by other proprietors. Chef Robert continues the fine food tradition today.
From 1983 through 1992, Square I Restaurant served lunches downstairs. From 1980-1997, the Brandon Art Gallery occupied the front part of the building until a tree crashed through the roof, forcing them to relocate. After the repair the former downstairs restaurant was incorporated into the gallery portion and has served as a design shop ever since.
A Special Thank You to our Poster Sponsors for 2005
Borja Import Auto Service
Ford Quality Care
Hunt’s Auto Parts
Peters Auto Center
Pro Tire & Automotive
Ron Neeley Towing
Village European Auto
Jack Ragland chose Jackson Square on Main Street because of its charm and intriguing history which he has witnessed since moving to Rainbow/Fallbrook in 1941.
Jack is deeply rooted in the Fallbrook area. His wife Marilee taught in the Fallbrook school system for over 20 years, and their children Roxanne and Natasha went through school here. Jack’s mother recently passed away eleven days short of her 107’h birthday, having lived in Rainbow since 1964.
Jack’s paintings are found in public and private collections in many parts of the world. He is listed in Who’s Who in America.
Check his website at ww.jackragland.com.
About the Cars
The red, white and blue cars echo the American flag colors. The white 1963 Thunderbird is owned by Louise and Glen Patterson. The red 1972 Buick Centurian is owned by Lynn Burch. And the 1968 midnight blue Mustang convertible is owned by Joan and Chuck Oster.